Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme Graeme is offline

Default Worcester Danesmoor 32/50 boiler lockout

In message
,
harry writes
On Nov 11, 4:04*pm, Graeme wrote:
It locked out 29th Oct., twice on 8th Nov. and four times (so far)
today. *Any idea what the problem might be, before I call the guy back?
I know nothing about boilers, and am not about to start pulling it
apart. *Cold up here, in NE Scotland :-)

If it's locked out whilst firing as opposed to startup, (it's
important to discover which). This means the flame has gone out or
controller thinks it has.
The flame can go out through lack of fuel or air or contaminated fuel
(eg water).
It can lock out because it thinks the flame has failed though this may
not be so, ie the photocell is dirty or defective.
There is also an air pressure switch that indicates to the controller
that the fan is running, this can go faulty. Apart from these, there
could be loose connections which can be a bugger to find. It is a
fail safe device, if in doubt, it locks out.

Useful information - thank you. It locks out whilst running. It will
start OK, then run normally, then suddenly stop. I'm certainly not
blaming the engineer; merely wondering if there are obvious reasons why
lockouts occur.

It certainly does not sound healthy, so I have turned it off, pending
further investigation. Set the immersion heater for hot water, and a
couple of calor gas fires to keep us warm :-)
--
Graeme