Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D Yuniskis D Yuniskis is offline

Default Another reason ...

Hi Arfa,

Arfa Daily wrote:
I have now found an internet site selling all varieties of
incandescents, including 60 watt pearl, so I shall be stocking up post

puzzled Can't you (still) purchase these over-the-counter?
I'll admit to not having gone shopping for any recently (as I
have several dozen of various bulb types on the shelf) but
i didn't realize they have (?) disappeared...

(which also makes me wonder if lead solder has gone this route)

haste. I have also just started trying out the halogen versions of
traditional light bulbs, which still seem to make it into the eco-bollox
"book of energy savers", even though they only consume a few watts less
than their equivalent light-output 'traditional' tungsten cousins. Thus

I found the halogens to be a harsh light. Love them outdoors
(can you spell "bright as day"?) but I've removed all of the
indoor bulbs.

far, I am impressed. I now have a 70 watt actual, 100 watt equivalent,
fitted to my hallway main light fixture. It is very bright, very easy
(for me anyway) to see by, and has a good colour spectrum, not in the
slightest way offensive to my eyes, unlike the CFLs, which no matter how
much anyone says that *they* can't tell the difference with, *I* can
... d :-\

We're waiting for dimmable LED lamps (that won't require growing
extra limbs to purchase)...