Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim W Tim W is offline

Default Some pics of The Belfast Grande project

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Nov 11, 4:35 am, "Tim W" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

[...]

That is truly depressing.

Sorry you feel that way. I have more of a sense of accomplishment.

Can it be that in all of Ireland there is nobody left who can carve a fox
for a pub sign?

And fly him over to do a whole bunch of architectural products for a
reasonable price? This pub is in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, we have no
Irish carvers over here, just a bunch of hard working/drinking patrons
who need their whistles wetted. I'm here to help them.
I will also machine Fleur de Lis for our French drunks.

That even in Belfast people are so used to seeing CNC routered MDF in
their
public buildings that they may as well be in Disneyland or Las Vegas as in
the heart of an ancient city?

We are doing what we can to spread the historic Irish contribution to
alcohol.... on a budget. To give those wayward Irish some sense of
belonging in a foreign land.

That a celtic cross is reduced to a corporate logo for the sale of beer
and
bar meals?

No. It's there as a salute and recognition for a job well done of
spreading Irish cheer around the world... something you may want to
add to your list of things to do.

It's all coming true, everything we have been warned about for years now.
Weep, weep, bitter tears of self reproach. We could have stopped those
*******s if we had had more courage.

I bet you're a riot at parties too, eh?
Get over it, dude... let it go... no sense in being depressed over
some people having a few pints. Luring those homesick Irish into my
trap to squeeze a few dollars out of them as they drown their sorrows
because they miss the Old Country so much.

[Tim w]
LOL - I really got hold of the wrong end of that stick didn't I?
Forgive me for thinking the Belfast Grande might have been in Belfast
- it actually _is_ a bit of disney/vegas retail theme pub elsewhere in
america and that is totally fine and I am sure it is part of your culture
and the kind of place you like to have in Canada.

I must have got up with a sore head thismorning, but I wish you well with
it, sincerely.

Tim W