Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default Worcester Danesmoor 32/50 boiler lockout

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Michael
Chare writes
"Graeme" wrote in message

We have the above oil fired boiler, and the lockout keeps operating. It
was serviced mid October, and the guy who did it cleaned everything, and
replaced a jet, but could find no obvious fault.

I hope that the guy who serviced the boiler also tuned it by checking the
oil pressure, smoke and CO2 % and adjusting the air.

I'm not sure, to be honest. He did have what looked to be equipment -
something with a long black tube. Sorry to be vague - I haven't a clue
about boilers.

I have filters in my oil supply, if I don't change the elements every few
years they clog up and stop the boiler.

I don't think I have filters, in that there does not appear to be one at
the tank end outside, or the boiler end, inside.

Apart from making sure that you have some oil I don't think that there is
much more that you can do without a spanner.

To be honest, I'm looking for suggestions I can make to the engineer,
without looking as though I'm trying to teach Grandmother etc.

I would just stick to describing the symptoms!

If you don't have the boiler installation and maintenance manual, you can
probably download a copy. It may well contain a troubleshooting guide.

One thing I noticed is the odd sound the boiler makes, when it is running.
There is the usual roar, but behind that is a sound more like a vintage
tractor. Pah, pah, p, p, p, pah, pah, if that makes any sense, which it
probably doesn't.

The boiler should run evenly. If you can see the flame it should be
constant. Air ingress via the flexible oil pipe that is connected to the
burner is yet another possible cause of uneven running.

--
Michael Chare