Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default Worcester Danesmoor 32/50 boiler lockout

"Graeme" wrote in message
Hi,

We have the above oil fired boiler, and the lockout keeps operating. It
was serviced mid October, and the guy who did it cleaned everything, and
replaced a jet, but could find no obvious fault.

It locked out 29th Oct., twice on 8th Nov. and four times (so far) today.
Any idea what the problem might be, before I call the guy back? I know
nothing about boilers, and am not about to start pulling it apart. Cold
up here, in NE Scotland :-)

I hope that the guy who serviced the boiler also tuned it by checking the
oil pressure, smoke and CO2 % and adjusting the air.

Your problem maybe dirty photocell, maybe oil supply.

I have filters in my oil supply, if I don't change the elements every few
years they clog up and stop the boiler.

I also have a non return valve in my oil supply and this recently gave me
some trouble.

Apart from making sure that you have some oil I don't think that there is
much more that you can do without a spanner.

--
Michael Chare