effinperfectionist

Default 4 HP on 115v??

This is hilarious.

4.4HP * 746W = 3282.4W

3282.4W / 15A = 218.83V

If your 110/115/120V (however you want to rate it) circuit EVER reaches
that, you're going to melt stuff in your house.
Vpeak for 110Vrms is only about 155V. I've measured 125Vrms in the wall
before, which is a peak of 177V.

In short, it is IMPOSSIBLE for that saw to ever develop 4.4HP, presuming its
stall current is 15A, and it is running on a household 110V circuit (and
further presuming that the motor is operating at 100% efficiency, which it
is, of course, NOT).

Now, if it can draw 21A at Vpeak (155V) without turning in to a puddle, then
it can consume power equivalent to 4.4HP, though it still wouldn't be
cutting wood at that rating.

"Wayne Brissette" wrote in message
thlink.net...
A co-worker asked my opinion of the current worksite table saws out there.

He
mentioned that he had seen the Bosch 4000 at Cosco along with the Dewalt

744.
He said he was leaning towards the Bosch 4000 because it had a 4HP motor.
"What? No, way!" I told him, then he proceeded to show me Bosch's web site
where in fact they claim:

* Powerful 15 Amp, 4.4 HP max. tool output - Power to tackle any material

OK, how are they claiming to get 4.4 HP out of this thing on 115v?

Wayne