Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Another reason ...

Arfa Daily wrote:
I know a lot of people on here seem to like the dreadful things, and swear
by them, but my continuing experience, judged from when they first appeared,
right up until now, just makes me want to swear *at* them ...

It's a matter of use and taste. I would not put one in a reading light,
but for general illumination (but not base up), they are fine.

For example, an 11 watt CFL is just perfect for my bathroom, so that at
3am when I stumble in half asleep without my glasses to use the toilet, I
don't trip over the bathtub (it's recessed into the floor). A 11 watt or
even a 30 watt incandescent bulb would not be bright enough.

On the other hand, if I had two 35 watt flourescent lights installed for
more reasonable use, such as being able to read while on the toilet, seeing
well enough to take a bath or shower, or even brushing my teeth.

So in general, I save a lot of money on electricity using one, but
don't expect it to be something it's not.

I have now found an internet site selling all varieties of incandescents,
including 60 watt pearl, so I shall be stocking up post haste.

As soon as you have the bulbs in hand, share the URL. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
To help restaurants, as part of the "stimulus package", everyone must order