Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Appliances with mechanical controls not electronics?

On 11/10/2010 4:27 PM, Molly Brown wrote:
On Nov 10, 9:53 am, Bill who wrote:
Seems lately my appliance failures are due to electronic failures.
Dish washer now gone bad twice (Maytag quietseries 300.)
Anyone know of appliances with mechanical control? Gas stove with all
the heat is just waiting to fail.
Upside washing dishes by hand not so bad not quick but not too bad.
May be cleaner and use less water too.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade gardenhttp://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements/

Welcome to the machine. When ever I take out a bad circuit board I
like to take it under the sun and scrutinize it with my jewelers
lenses. I have seen everything from what looked like snot to pubic
hair. Thank you Chinese quality control. You should get a new handy-
person. I always tell my clients to stick to what they got as long as
possible because the new ones stink.

Most of the problems I find with circuit boards are due to cold solder
joints.

TDD