Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default Lamp Switch Repair questions

On Nov 10, 4:39*pm, "James" wrote:
I have a table lamp that uses a three way switch. * But, the lamp does not
use a *3 way light bulb. * * Here is how the switch works:

1st position: * *very small night light, at the bottom of the lamp is on
2nd position: * night light and regular light bulb are on
3rd position: * only the regular light bulb is on

here is my question..... * when I go to buy the switch, is it a regular 3
way lamp switch, or is there some other configuration/name that I need ?

Thanks !!

James

If the switch is part of the socket, you'll have to do something
custom. I don't know if there are 3-way switches that are divorced
from the socket or not, but if there are, you could use one, but
pos'ns 2 and 3 will be reversed.

nate