Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus16525 Ignoramus16525 is offline

Default Lagun FTV-2S with Anilam Crusader II control? Opinions?

On 2010-11-10, RogerN wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by professional retrofit. New control of course,
but would you also want new motors, drives, scales or encoders, ball screws?
Personally I would only recommend an EMC or similar retrofit because the
machine isn't worth spending a lot of money ($13K) on. If I were going to
spend a good chunk of money I would prefer to find something with a tool
changer or at least an automatic drawbar (tools could be arranged on the
table for automatic machine pick up if you could control hold and release of
the draw bar).

The reason I like EMC for these machines is that it works well with the
analog signal and the encoder feedback for reasonable money.

I would never use anything but EMC, but this is not my mill.