Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Regarding: pitfalls in replacing old toilet? [update]

On Nov 9, 2:13*am, Molly Brown wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:05*am, Tom wrote:

I'd asked in June about replacing an old toilet and had some concerns about
the ability of the new models to flush well. I'll post the update that the new
Kohler Wellworth flushes like a champ. Surprisingly so. I guess the problems
were only with the interim models that came out years ago.

“Flushing like a champ” mainly has to do with from how high a distance
water is falling or how high the top of the tank is. If there is
another significant variable please educate me.

Hmmm...how about the size of the flapper hole, the siphon outlet
(trapway), and the flush valve technology?

"American Standard Flushing systems offer unrivaled performance. Our
superior engineering begins with the outlets and flush valves that are
the largest in the industry."

- 4" piston action Accelerator flush valve
- 2-3/8" fully-glazed trapway