Posted to alt.home.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Tankless water heaters

Steve B wrote:
"Prof Wonmug" wrote in message
Does anyone have experience with tnakless water heaters?

Are they really cheaper than a central water tank?

Do I need one installed next to every hot water tap?

What is the cost (roughly)?

Any detractors?

Yes. I investigated them. The upside is that they will cut your costs.
The downside is that the large ones require a high amperage feed, hence big
lines and breakers, and the water that comes out is only so hot. The cost
of running electricity to every supply can be done if you are in the
construction phase without as much cost as a retrofit.

I have no idea about the propane ones, but imagine with the cost of propane
and natural gas going up, that their operational costs may be high.

Let's hear more from people who actually have them. I just checked into the
ups and downs of getting one, and my electrical feed was insufficient, the
cost to upgrade was high, so that was that.

Steve

I have had instant hot water with natural gas for
35 years(a rental unit),capacity enough to fill the
bath in reasonable time. No problems, and regular
yearly maintenance from the rental company.
At work we had the a small electrical unit in the
garage for washing your hands, very handy, luke-warm
water within seconds.