Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_11_] Josepi[_11_] is offline

Default The $4K Wood Shop

Where does one get those semi-angled wheels that set down when you lift the
other end of the workbench / table?

This would avoid flat tires, rolling problems and mechanisms to lower the
wheels.

"dpb" wrote in message
The solution to both is to build the caster assembly to pivot w/ a lever
arm...

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:03:27 -0500, knuttle wrote:

One thing I did not do was put the correct wheels on my benches. You
would be surprised what a loaded workbench weighs. Over a couple of
years the hard rubber one tend to get a flat spot which makes them hard
to move. Go for cast iron or equivalent.

I put wheels under my workbench, but then jacked it up and rested it on a
4x4 (or maybe a 6x6) at each end. No weight on the wheels and the bench
is steadier as well. Since I move the bench at most once a year that
works out well. It might be a PITA if you move your bench frequently.