Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Lagun FTV-2S with Anilam Crusader II control? Opinions?

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:31:45 -0600, Ignoramus32694

On 2010-11-09, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:16:47 -0600, Ignoramus32694
wrote:

A friend of mine is eyeing a Lagun FTV-2S mill with Anilam Crusader II
control.

This mill looks very similar to a Series I Bridgeport with all 3 axis
controlled by servos. Also has manual handles on all axes, in addition
to servos (nice).

I wanted to know what you think about those machines.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Lagun-FTV-2S.jpg

Its a bridgy clone series 1, not as heavy as yours. The control is a
POS. Use it if it still works. Otherwise, maybe you know somebody that
can do EMC???

Karl, it is a POS in what ways? This is the real question.

Good for its time. But that has past. 'letronics have a bathtub curve
for reliability. He's going to fight breakdowns without parts
available.

The next question is, is there some fatal flaw in it that makes it
more difficult to retrofit than my Bridgeport?

same job.

In retrospect, my Bridgeport Interact was easy to retrofit, I just did
not know anything, and it was the learning that was hard.

Learning is hard for old farts. But it keeps you young.