Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Steel eyeglass frame repair?

On Nov 9, 4:58*am, wrote:
I broke a joint on a metal eyeglass frame. *The local eyeglass place
that last put new lenses into the frames (they did not originally sell
me the frames) apparently does not have a repair service to direct me
to and suggested that I go to a jewelery repair. *I braise and silver
solder - if I bought a "jewelers torch"

Dude, wrap string around nearby parts you want to keep cool, soak
in water, and silver-braze it with any old propane torch. It's REPAIR
you're doing, not manufacture. Probably you only need to flux
the break and reflow the silver alloy it has there already.