Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Fluidmaster fill-valve

Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote in
:

Thanks, I found the replacement seal no problem, but ...

I can't get the idiot cap off. Instructions say "remove the Valve cap
(Model 400A: lift arm first) by rotating 1/8 turn counterclockwise."
It won't rotate.

It's a 400A. From the top, ya can't see how the idiot cap fastens on.
And my head won't fit down in the tank. :-(

What's the combination? I don't wanna break their silly flogging
valve.

Will

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:18:05 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote:

It needs a 50 cent part, maybe a dollar at the BORG. The same part
fits them all so no matter which model you are good to go.

Here is a random site from Google search showing the part:
https://www.hardwareworld.com/Ballco...t-pW3ATQB.aspx

No tools required to replace the part.

The problem is not replacing the whole 10 buck item from the get-go.
Remember, the next trip you make for parts for this you have to add
wasted travel costs to the parts that didn't work or other old internal
parts that fail in the near future.

According to the IRS:

"For 2010, the standard mileage rate for the cost of operating your car
for business use is 50 cents per mile."

Then again, maybe it will last another 10 years....