Posted to alt.home.repair
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Hot Water Heater Problem

On Nov 9, 9:17*am, Jeffy3 wrote:
We have a gas water heater, the tank kind, and for some reason maybe
one day a week for my morning shower I have to turn the dial as far as
it goes to the hot side just to get a decent hot shower. I couldn't
get burned by it if I wanted to. *We haven't been using any hot water
while we sleep so it can't be that there is not enough hot water in
the tank. *Then most other days it works fine and I could be scalded
if I put it all the way to hot. *I don't believe it's the plumbing in
the shower I use because it can sometimes happen in our other shower.
Any thoughts? It's a tank water heater and we live in a single house.

Maybe the thermostat is going bad, turning the heat down on occasion.
Or the ignition device that turns the gas on to heat it when it cools
down.