Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeffy3 Jeffy3 is offline

Default Hot Water Heater Problem

We have a gas water heater, the tank kind, and for some reason maybe
one day a week for my morning shower I have to turn the dial as far as
it goes to the hot side just to get a decent hot shower. I couldn't
get burned by it if I wanted to. We haven't been using any hot water
while we sleep so it can't be that there is not enough hot water in
the tank. Then most other days it works fine and I could be scalded
if I put it all the way to hot. I don't believe it's the plumbing in
the shower I use because it can sometimes happen in our other shower.
Any thoughts? It's a tank water heater and we live in a single house.