Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_31_] Bill[_31_] is offline

Default The $4K Wood Shop

wrote:

Having recently had a minor windfall, I decided to splurge and
finally

round out my budding shop. I have a budget of about $4K, and the
entries below add up to about $3K. The rest will go on odds and ends,
lumber, and anything that I may have missed.

My shop is half of a two-car garage. I already have a table saw and
miter saw (both poor quality), a decent router, and some small hand
tools, including a decent 4-set of Irwin chisels and a few Avant
planes.

Be sure to "take inventory" and double check that your electrical and/or
lighting configuration is adequate for your plans. For instance, is 220v
power available/desirable for your next table saw? Personally, I've
been working on these things as I collect tools. I can repost or try to
provide links to some detailed suggestions I received if you are interested.

Bill