Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default The $4K Wood Shop

The tools I've chosen are intended for the long haul, so I'm
definitely trying to get these picks right the first time. Any
suggestions or comments on my selections below?

CLIP

You mentioned the "DELTA DP300L Drill Press."

I would suggest either the floor model DELTA 17-950L or DP400
(discontinued?) or a Grizzly G7944 or G7948 machine. If you have three
phase power in the shop, consider the G0521 drill press as it is a pretty
amazing machine for the money with a quill stabilization notch and even
self-reversing features for tapping holes (not likely needed in wood, but
one never knows!)

You can still get the "L" lazer add-on for the other DELTA machines but I'm
not sure about the Grizzly.

Here are links to the Grizzly machines:

http://grizzly.com/products/12-Speed...ll-Press/G7944

http://grizzly.com/products/12-Speed...ll-Press/G7948

http://grizzly.com/products/12-Speed...ll-Press/G0521

Often times, people find they wish they had a larger drill press... Why not
plan for one now at a few extra $$$?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.