Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default laser

On Tue, 09 Nov 2010 05:40:35 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:38:48 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:07:00 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

"The Kid" just got a new laser to play with where he works. You get a
lot of toy for $300K. It claims .003 accuracy, he says you can do .001
with careful setup and watching your cut conditions.

Karl

shoot I didn't copy a link to one running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfQR...eature=related

Amazing! But, WOW, I'd hate to see those lead screws after a month of
that. I wonder what the maintenance schedule is on an industrial CNC
laser.

"The kid" is day shift lead for the laser dept. He does a lot of the
daily stuff cause "the operators or mechanics just screw it up". I
know they do a major rebuild on each machine once/year and espcially
the old machines suffer a lot of major breakdowns. They run over 120
hours a week.

Karl