Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default laser

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 20:38:48 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 19:07:00 -0600, Karl Townsend
wrote:

"The Kid" just got a new laser to play with where he works. You get a
lot of toy for $300K. It claims .003 accuracy, he says you can do .001
with careful setup and watching your cut conditions.

Karl

shoot I didn't copy a link to one running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJfQR...eature=related

Amazing! But, WOW, I'd hate to see those lead screws after a month of
that. I wonder what the maintenance schedule is on an industrial CNC
laser.

Its my understanding that for machines like that they use precision balls
screws with preloaded nuts because the service life is very predictable.
Does seem like over kill to make perforated metal sheets though. LOL. I
like it.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck