Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Hot wire cutter question, power supply

On 11/8/2010 10:26 PM, CaveLamb wrote:

You WILL get a smoother cut with a hot wire.

For the application, not an issue. The cut surface will be facing down
and not visible.

A NIOSH mask solves the fumes problem nicely.

Sure, but an expense I don't really wish to incur. I'm only lining 3-4
drawers with foam, it's not a huge project. If I'm getting into
something new and going to do a lot of it, I'll do it right. When it's
just a small project, I'll look to cut corners where I can get away with
it. Frankly if I'd remembered the blade in the first place, I wouldn't
even have looked up hot wire cutters.

Funny now that I think about it, I don't even remember where I got this
blade. Best I can recall, I've had it for 15+ years and never used it... G

Jon