Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rat lapping

Sunworshipper wrote:

I had an encounter with one of those last week. The Kido came into the
shop to do some speech homework with me for 15 minutes. I was eating
peanuts and tossing the shells into some kind of round military can
14"w X 15" h that is beside and under the cantilever of a smooth sided
work bench. After numerous tosses of shells I noticed a mouse in the
far side of the can cringing every time the shells where thrown at it
and staring at me. When I looked closer it's tail looked like it got
smashed in two places it the past.

The Kido said don't kill it, and since there where only peanut shells
in the trash can we drove it down to the end of the road about 1/4
mile. I dumped out the can and it ran down the hill.

24 hours later I tossed something in the can and there was the same
mouse staring back at me ! I was kinda wondering how it got into
there in the first place and now this.

Twin mice with a genetic mistake in their tails? Lost pets that
travel great distances to get back home? Time loops inside the
military can that was once on the USS Eldridge ?

An angry rat on a mission to tick you off? ;-)

enough left over to pay them.