Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Fluidmaster fill-valve

On Nov 9, 5:20*am, Wilfred Xavier Pickles
wrote:
Thanks, I found the replacement seal no problem, but ...

I can't get the idiot cap off. Instructions say "remove the Valve cap (Model
400A: lift arm first) by rotating 1/8 turn counterclockwise." It won't rotate.

It's a 400A. From the top, ya can't see how the idiot cap fastens on. And
my head won't fit down in the tank. :-(

What's the combination? I don't wanna break their silly flogging valve.

Will

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 16:18:05 -0500, "Colbyt" wrote:
It needs a 50 cent part, maybe a dollar at the BORG. The same part fits them
all so no matter which model you are good to go.

Here is a random site from Google search showing the part:
https://www.hardwareworld.com/Ballco...t-pW3ATQB.aspx

No tools required to replace the part.

There are 2 locking arms that need to be lifted (when it goes back-on
they go up the cam (ramp) and lock.