Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Design suggestions

On Nov 8, 7:27*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
what I am looking for, but it is the material's and where to use them
I am looking for suggestions about.

Thanks
Jim

I am not big on multi-colored furniture pieces although it is clearly
a matter of taste and it can be done well at times.

Maybe build it all from Maple and put a bead of the Padi along the
bottom edge of the whole case and along the top edge of the drawers
and doors. Just make a strip about 3/16" think and an inch wide and
round over the front edge. Then apply it in those few locations. Also
add a similar bead at the bottom and maybe a slightly thicker piece at
the top of the pilasters. Finally, if you use pegged M&T you can add
padi pegs on the doors and case work or maybe even raised pyramid
pags, ala-Greene and Greene.

I know what you mean. I was thinking maybe somewhere between the two
suggestions. Perhaps maple throughout other then the legs and the
braces for the top? Can you explain more about your last sentence:

" Finally, if you use pegged M&T you can add padi pegs on the doors
and case work or maybe even raised pyramid pags, ala-Greene and
Greene."

I can't visualize what you mean. Would you have a link to an example?