Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default TomTom

On 08/11/10 12:55, chris French wrote:

Ditto, doesn't all the mapping for these things come from a couple of
companies (Navteq and someone else?), so I guess the same problems will
occur with multiple manufacturers.

Teleatlas, are owned by TomTom now, Navteq by Nokia.

I have a Marks and Spencer own brand with Navteq maps, having used if for a
year I can see why they were selling them off in a sale for under £50.
Never chose 'slow car', 'omit motorway' routes, especially in Italy: slow
country road over hills fine, white road OK, cart track? and eventually a
field with some vague trace through the grass, and 100 yards along the bed
of a not quite dry stream to regain the road..
It's just as bad on UK roads; tends to direct 'keep left' onto slip road,
roundabout, and back onto road, when its own map shows a perfectly good
underpass or flyover.

--
djc