Posted to rec.woodworking
RP[_3_] RP[_3_] is offline

Default Rebuild Power Tool Batteries

On Nov 8, 5:51*pm, "Josepi" wrote:
Make sure they have leads welded on to them. Don't attempt to solder,
directly to them.

Lean towrds NiMh if you can get them. The charger requirements are about the
same. If you have to use Ni-Cad through the old tools out and start again
with LioN tools.

"RP" wrote in message

Any you guys rebuild your own NiCad's or NiMh power tool batteries?
I'm going to do a few batteries of my own and maybe someone has some
tips or possibly some "look out fors". I ordered 100 sub c's to
rebuild a few batteries I've had kicking around.. I've been asking
around my area to see if anyone rebuilds them and everyone says no.
Maybe that's an open market for me. It would help keep me busier in
the winter.

RP

I did order the Sub c batteries w/tabs. I have upgraded to L-ion for
my road tools(makita 18v L-ion) and some small shop drills/impacts(12V
hitachi) but I have a 3 12V B&D firestorm drills and 6 batteries that
I want to bring around. They are short and handy and powerful enough
for my needs. They have the pop off chuck that works fine too. I keep
different bits in them so I can just keep on drillin' and screwin' at
will. I have to believe there's lots of guys in my area that want
NiCad rebuilds. I'm going to put a sign out and give it a shot. If I
don't get any bites, I won't order any more batteries.
I thought we were supposed to bottom post.

RP