Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default TomTom

On 08/11/2010 10:26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 00:13:41 +0000, Lobster wrote:

only to find to my horror that for some bizarre reason, it wouldn't take
any power from the hire car and didn't work at all.

Blown fuse in the hire cars ciggy socket. Don't TomToms have an
internal battery or was that flat/have very short run time.

Nah, the lighter itself worked. Yes, the TomTom has an internal battery
but must have been flat (this was a few years ago now). Not unusual as
(a) we don't use it all that often and (b) SWMBO will persist on using
it just off it's internal battery without charging it, as it's a fiddle
to plug in the cable sigh.

David