Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French chris French is offline

Default TomTom

In message , The Other Mike
writes

That the Tom Tom works in narrow streets with tall buildings either
side is staggering. The relatively new at that time Garmin handheld
GPS I use as backup when sailing is truly hopeless on land, either in
streets or under tree cover.

Our cheapy car satnav seems to work ok in narrow streets as well.
Leastways i've never noticed it not working.

The handheld Garmin GPS's can vary. Those with the high sensitivity
aerial/receiver (what ever it is exactly) seem to work well. Don't use
it in cities much, but my Vista HCx works well under tree cover.

--
Chris French