Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Electric Dryer Shuts Off

On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 13:13:57 -0800, Pavel314 wrote:
Any ideas before we go buy a new one?

Take it apart - could be any number of sensors (ours has airflow and a
couple of overheats, along with the door switch). I expect that the top
and rear panels come off easily, same with any internal exhaust ducting
(our elderly machine was choked inside with debris and lint that had
gradually made it past the filter, despite seeming to have good exhaust
flow - cleaning it out improved dry times no end)

Yes, it might be the motor or timer - but it could just as easily be
something obvious such as a loose wire or busted component.

cheers

Jules