Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Birdhouses

Ed Fisher wrote:
Greetings Friend:
Does anyone know were Ican obtain a book or blueprints for making
birdhouses for birds from North America.

While making a plumb and square and technically accurate birdhouse does have
its advantages, I prefer the rustic, as it matches out general motif. These
can be made of all sorts of scraps, bark, garage sale junk, PVC, tree limbs,
and a lot of creativity comes in. And, they are usually free or very low
cost. Birds and Blooms magazine has a section each month that highlights
birdhouses, some of them very odd and creative.

I, personally, am going to make an owl box this winter, and see if I can get
a resident mouser to move in.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.