Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default Birdhouses

Bill wrote the following:
Ed Fisher wrote:
Greetings Friend:
Does anyone know were Ican obtain a book or blueprints for making
birdhouses for birds from North America.

Make it the right size, put the hole in the right place, set it in the
right place, don't leave any leaks, leave yourself a way to clean it
out after the season is over, and you won't get many complaints! I
think the rest is vanity.

I built a wren house and screwed it to a tree where it could be reached
by a ladder. It got occupied the first spring I put it up and I was
rewarded with a family of wrens.
In the fall I unscrewed the face of the house and removed all the twigs
and debris. Then I screwed the face back on. I placed all the twigs on a
permanently mounted small round table top that was screwed to a 30" high
tree stump next to the tree with the birdhouse. The next spring, a new
(or the same) couple moved into the birdhouse and they gathered up and
used all the twigs that I had placed on the table top.
Even birds recycle. :-)

There is a person over at Lumberjocks.com forum that builds bird
houses that are quite identical to your own house. She works from a
picture. I thought it would be more fun to put out one that looks
like my neighbor's house!

Bill

--

Bill