Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rust treatment

In article ,
Ian Jackson wrote:
Waxoyl is far from the best of those sort of things. Have a look at the
Dinitrol range.

As I've said, I've never tried Dinitrol. I always wondered what it was
like. At my time of life, I no longer drive the rust-buckets we used to
have to make do with in the past. Hopefully, those 'happy hours' of
hacking at the underside of cars are over!

Practical Classics did a basic set of tests on all the common waxes.

IIRC, they cut bits out of an old but good painted panel, scraped some of
the paint off, applied the wax, sprayed them with a salt solution and left
them outside.

--
*I don't suffer from insanity -- I'm a carrier

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.