Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Fluidmaster fill-valve

On 11/8/2010 3:10 AM, Wilfred Xavier Pickles wrote:

I got an American Std. toilet from the 1950's. Fluidmaster fill-valve was installed
maybe 10 years ago.

Tanks fills OK, but it seeps a little after fill-up. I push the float down a
little and it stops. Let go and it seeps again, constantly running a little
water into the overflow tube.

I tried adjustments, didn't seem to help.

Valve is shot, needs to be replace. Eh? I wouldn't even post query if it
didn't stop seeping when float is depressed. Never saw the guts of one of
these.

Thx,
Will

yes, get you a Korky quiet fill. easy to install, easy to adjust. no
(exposed) float.

--
Steve Barker