Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_4_] Michael Kennedy[_4_] is offline

Default Wanted, Sony CRT

"PeterD" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:19:32 +0000, Clyde
wrote:

Ok, this is a bit of a long shot. Got a Sony Trinitron 28 inch TV with a
duff tube. It's about 9 - 10 years old, silver plastic cabinet. I don't
know the model as someone has removed the label. However I can get the
number off the CRT if it helps (will have to strip down).

The fault is a reddish picture, with the front LED flashing 5 times
(failure to auto grey scale)

Anyone throwing one of these out, nice TV, worth nothing but seems a
shame to junk it as we have the matching cabinet.

Just wondering how you connected the symptoms, and diagnostic
flashing, to be a bad CRT?

Agreed, I had the same thought as well..
Unless there is some information you left out, you should check out the
repair f.a.q.
There is a section about TV repair. I think it will help you get on the
right track.
http://www.repairfaq.org/

- Mike