Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Guitar Making And Brown Paper

Stuart wrote:
In ,
wrote:
FWIW, I like guitars..and banjos and fiddles. Someday I'll probably
build something else with strings, besides a kite!

I always fancied having a go at a bowed psaltery. I've seen kits, they
don't look too dificult to make or play. I've heard one, its an almost
"not of this world" sound.

I haven't seen many of those in my musical circles. The closest things
are "mountain dulcimers", which may be a little easier to build because
of the absence of the bow. I thought one of those might be my first
instrument. Technically, it would be my second instrument as I already
built my wife a washtub bass. When I was at youtube listening to bowed
psaltery, I noticed a number of examples were duets between bowed
psaltery and mountain dulcimer, so there ya go. I've read a few books
on instrument building but I'm going to try my hand at building
something with a drawer before I try that! I'm still wet behind the
ears. ; )

Bill