Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default TomTom

On 07/11/2010 20:25, Lawrence wrote:
Thought I'd just tell you about "my repair" at TomTom.

Ah, TomTom.

We've had one for sveral years, and it's always worked very well except
for one occasion. Guess which one that was?

Yes, it was the time we went on holiday to Italy (by plane), and had
organised a hire car midway through to transport us from Venice to the
centre of Rome. Having checked we had up-to-date maps on the satnav I
packed it without a second thought, only to find to my horror that for
some bizarre reason, it wouldn't take any power from the hire car and
didn't work at all.

Never did find out the reason - the TomTom was fine at home when we got
back - but boy did I enjoy that drive through the Rome rush hour. Not.

David