Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martop Martop is offline

Default TomTom

On 07/11/2010 20:25, Lawrence wrote:
Thought I'd just tell you about "my repair" at TomTom.
My TomTom One XL worked perfectly ok but stopped recognising the RDS -
TMC unit when I plugged it in. I contacted TomTom through their website
and they gave me a returns number, a box and a prepaid bag in which to
return it, even though it was out of warranty. After three days they
returned a brand new One XL and RDS unit. Best of all, it had the whole
of Western Europe on it; the original had only UK and Eire. I am quite
impressed!

Lawrence

Similar experience my friend had, his tom tom was having problems
charging up, when I looked at it the socket was loose because it had
come away from the pcb, with a bit of surgery I could have fitted a new
socket so he contacted tom tom to ask about a spare socket, they offered
a repair so he sent it off a few days later, he got a new one sent back,
don't know what maps he got with it but its a very good service as it
was outside the warranty too.