Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bowling Ball Cannon

On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 12:55:33 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

A simple dead cylinder, and a little imagination is all it takes. Some
gunpowder, some rope fuse from a gun show. A fellow could buy old
gunpowder
fairly cheap from reloaders, I'd imagine. Would that burn too hot, and
create too much pressure?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black powder ONLY!!!

TYVM. Saved me some money, and I'm sure the neighbors are gonna appreciate
it, too.

And those the love you would appreciate it as well. Smokless gun
powder...is nitroglycerine based and it will indeed generate 100,000 PSI
if implimented incorrectly.
Black powder will generate at most..about 35,000 psi if implimented
incorrectly and after that..it simply burns in a relatively steady
pressure.

Smokeless gun powder simply keeps increasing its PSI until its
consumed..or the vessel blows up

Gunner

Reminds me of the time we set off the 55 gal. steel barrel with OA mix and
spark plug. Man, that sucker was LOUD! Got a couple of windows, too.

We had it cleaned up by the time the PD got there, and all we could say to
their questions was, "Huh?"

Steve

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't