Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Chisels

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:

Point taken. How about the stuff typical 4by4s are made of (fir?)?

---------

Forget the garbage.

Break down and buy some hardwood "Shorts" from the "Drop off" bin and
enjoy practicing.

Lew.

I'm looking forward to practicing. I ordered a DP a few days ago.
Still need to gegting fluorescent lights up. The snow flurries started
just a few days ago and the temps are commensurate.

What do you think we should do for the rest of the materials with "our"
SYP-topped bench?

I happen to own a "rubber mallet". Is that appropriate for pushing a
chisel, or would one of the other contrivances I've seen be worthwhile?
The contrivance I was thinking of looked like a possibly rubber-coated
cylindrical mass of wood.

Bill