Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Ceramic soap dispenser leaks

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

I should point out that the leakage occurs AT THE BASE, not the top,
so I doubt if it's what hr (Bob) suggests, but will keep in mind.

Aha! moment! Ed suggested wrap in paper towel and look for spot.
Might indeed be the way to isolate a crack or other aperture not
discernable to the nekkid eye.

Will report back when results available.

HB

I think you're going to play hell getting the soap out of the interior
of the crack, and without that step, I don't think anything is going to
stick well enough to seal the crack. About the only approach I'd put
even a long shot on succeeding is an hour-long bath in a heated
ultrasonic tank, followed by another round in the same tank with fresh
rinse water.