Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceramic soap dispenser leaks

On Nov 5, 10:35*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Higgs Boson" wrote in

However, the soap dispenser leaks, how I don't know. *No breaks, just
slow
leakage from *??? * * I retired it for a while, then decided I WOULD
solve this problem.

I thought of pouring some kind of glue or? into the dispenser
and swishing it around, hoping it would coat all around inside at the
base.

Only things I can think of is a hairline crack or porosity of the ceramic
itself allowing liquid to weep.

You can try wrapping it in a paper town and watching for it to absorb the
liquid and show a spot.

In any case, it first *you'd have to drain and rinse well. *That will be a
PITA, but you have to get the soap out for anything to cling. *Then you
could try some sort of thin epoxy and swirl it around, but most epoxy mixes
are too thick to work well. *Same with polyester resin. *My guess is that
the smart people here will think of a good liquid that would leave a coating
and be thin enough to easily swish around and drain.

I have found that with temperature changes, and a tightly sealed pump
assembly, that as the unit heats up, a little soap is forced out
around the top and oozes onto everything. Try filling the tank close
to the top, leaving the top pump asssembly off, and see if there is
still leakage. if there is, then the tank is cracked, if not, then
put the pump assembly on loosely so any expansion due to temperature
changes can force air out around the top and not force sooap out thru
the pump. Let us know what happens!!!