Posted to rec.woodworking

Default This gator's got no power (Lowes new sandpaper)

In article ,
says...

On 11/6/10 12:27 PM, J. Clarke wrote:

I finally said "screw this" and sharpened up the scraper, which made
short work of it, not to mention taking out the little swirly marks.

I love using a scraper.

I used to but my thumbs get distraught with me these days. Only thing
worse than getting old is the alternative.

It's a limited sample and anecdotal I admit, but from my viewpoint it
will be a cold day in Hell before I buy any more "Gator Power" sanding
disks. It's worth the gas to drive down to Coastal if I can't get
anything decent from the big box stores anymore.

If you have a way to deal with the black powder that results and it
won't ruin whatever you're working on, those mesh drywall sanding sheets
work great for removing lots of stuff from wood. In my experience, at
least.

Have to give that a try.