Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus15579 Ignoramus15579 is offline

Default CNC Mills and lathe on Morrison, IL

On 2010-11-06, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:50:06 -0500, Ignoramus15579
wrote:

Two Bridgeport R2E4 and One Hardinge Superprecision CNC MH-CHNC
lathe. The lathe, specifically, looks like a good retrofit candidate.

In Morrison, IL (near Davenport and Clinton).

I am not going, of course.

I have the Hardinge CHNC. One VERY FINE machine. Iggy, you know you
need a CNC lathe VBG

I do know this, but for now I have suspended all machine acquisition
etc activities, because I work on my website in all my spare
time. Things have changed greatly in September and I have a sense of
urgency about this website stuff now.

Plus, I am not sure if I need a CNC lathe at all, as most of the
things that I do on a lathe are best done manually. It is different
from milling.

Like, the day before yesterday I had to shorten a threaded section of
a handle and put a bevel on it. It took a minute to do on my manual
lathe. I bet it would be longer on a CNC. I do not know that much, of
course.

So I look at all those things, drool, but I pass them all for now.