Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default how much floor slope can you have without noticing it?

On 06/11/2010 14:59, RobertL wrote:
In order to get a bit more door height in my planned extension I'd
like to put a small downward slope on the floor. The floor is 4
metres long.

How much slope can you put on a floor without people noticing it. My
guess is about 0.5 % (5mm in a metre).

Does anyone know what is the maximum slope that is not noticable?

There's no answer to that because it's subjective. A better question
would be "I'd like to put in a slope of X - would that be noticeable?"

My gut feeling is that I think you'd get away with a bit more than 0.5%

David