Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default DB connectors

Crikey.. even if Karl isn't near a city, he could've taken a bus to where
there is one of those Shack stores, and gotten enough sub-D parts (and
crimper, insert/extraction halfassed tools) for some of his connectors,
certainly enough for some tests.
Or.. even pre-assembled, insulated jumper leads,
Or.. bought pre-assembled sub-D cables from various sources, cut them in
half (two connecting cables from one) and spliced them in with wire nuts,
which require very little skill.

Instead of having someone solder for him, Karl should pay someone to teach
him how to solder properly, and then he would know something worthwhile that
will be of real use for himself in the future.
Folks with an "I can't learn" attitude deserve to fail.

I learned basic soldering in junior high school (sheetmetal and circuit
board), so attaining the skill of soldering isn't difficult.
Flame heated soldering coppers for sheetmetal.. not even as simple as using
a big several-hundred watt electric iron or a Weller soldering gun.

This present situation is what I was saying a couple of weeks ago.. several
users that post in RCM make the simplest tasks so GD dramatic.

They ask for help, then do some stupid **** that they guess is a solution,
so they look even more helpless/needy.. what a fuctup game.
And this fairly simple task hasn't even gotten started yet.

And in another week or so, they'll have another immediate CRISIS that they
just need a little help with.

He goes on to claim that he may learn from his mistakes.. signs of that
transformation don't seem to be present.

Karl.. find those spare backup motors yet?

This kind of electrical stuff isn't difficult unless you make it that way.

I recently gained the knowledge needed to properly fabricate some mil-spec
avionics connectors which I had no previous experience with, so I do know
what I'm talking about.
Some research time was involved, but time well spent, and expected.

--
WB

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

DAMNIT!!!

I should have waited to hear from you. The school of hard knocks is a
good teacher 'cause you seldom forget the lesson.

I'll go back and try for the eBay auctions you suggested.

I "had" hoped to complete this little task quickly so I could test run
the servos. Not going to happen now.

Looking at your other posts, it looks like I still need to buy pins. I
thought the mouser offer had everything i needed for one connection -
wrong again.

OK, let me get the right crimper and see the mouser shipment. Then,
I'll double check with you on what else I need.

Thanks for all your excellent advice.

Karl