Posted to rec.woodworking
Neil Brooks Neil Brooks is offline

Default Bandsaw blade recommendations

On Nov 5, 12:29*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
Wow, I have just the opposite results. The olsons when resawing don't
cut nearly as well as the timberwolfs. The timberwolf tracks straighter,
and cuts easier.

I guess that's why there are many vendors, what works for one may not
work for another.

On 11/4/2010 10:04 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

In , Gordon *wrote:
I just ordered a Jet 14" band saw and believe I will need to get one
or more additional blades for specific purposes.

I looked through several threads, some as old as four years, about
Band saw blade recommendations. *One brand, Timberwolf, was praised by
some and jeered by others. *What are your opinions today?

I'll never buy another Timberwolf again -- I get significantly better cut
quality from Olson blades at less than half the price.

Though I love my TimberWolf blades for every day work, ...

I DO go to the 1/2" Wood Slicer for resaw, and ...

Have heard GREAT things about Lenox bi-metal. Just received mine, in
1/4" and 1/2".

Good primer:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=149862