Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_11_] Josepi[_11_] is offline

Default New House/Shop becoming a reality

The Cat5 and CAT6 cables and WiFi are part of the Ethernet hardware (layer
1) spec. Your HDMI "streams" over Ethernet. Slight misuse of terms.

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message
eb.com...
The term "structured wiring" may well have historical origins, perhaps
from the term "structured cabling". My use of it is in reference to
residential implementations, and searching the web, most every hit also
is in reference to residential use.

I do know that wifi currently is incapable of streaming 1080 HDTV and is
unlikely to for several years. It will probably not reach gigabit
bandwidth in our lifetimes, but cat5/cat6 can do those speeds now and
the wire can be used for many things besides ethernet.

I wouldn't buy/build a house today without "structured wiring" including
multiple catX and RG6/U.