Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Just a few thou can ruin a joint.

On 11/05/10 3:44 PM, Robatoy wrote:
On Nov 5, 12:06 am, wrote:
On 11/4/10 10:08 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

On 11/4/2010 10:02 PM, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 4, 10:44 pm, "Lee Michaels"leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
It is an old maxim, but it is true. You can tell how good a
woodworker is
by the quality of his joints.

Mine creak. At least my knees do.

Mine probably do too, except I can't hear 'em. :-)

You guys have it easy.
Mine snap, crackle, and pop.

There are days when my right knee feels like it has razor blade
fragments in it.
The other morning, I couldn't lower my right arm after I combed my
hair...not without cringeworthy/tear-inducing bolts of blue neon pain.
Then a bit of a crunch and all is well for weeks and weeks. It all
depends on how I slept on it.
I blame the years of gruelling dirt-bike riding...and the fact that
the shoulder and knee are both on the same side, makes me think it
could have been that same tree that totalled my Husqvarna.

I'm getting tired of the noises, only I can hear, when I turn my head.
Coming from the base of my neck, it seems to resonate through the bones,
one of these days when I am driving and check over my right shoulder it
may get interesting.....

--
Froz...